Do you know what promotion looks like? I feel for many in the Body of Christ, we have entered into an unprecedented season of promotion. I sense this specifically for those who have been following hard after the Father and pressing into his purpose for their life. What I’m finding, however, when I coach or speak to individuals, many are not recognizing when true promotion manifests itself. Frequently, I see leaders who are so preoccupied with pressing in and the struggles, that when the promotion comes it goes unrecognized and the recipients fail to be thankful and give God the praise.
Promotion can be defined as ‘the action of raising someone to a higher position or rank’. From the Word of God, we know that true promotion comes from the Father. Psalm 75:6-7 says:
For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
God is in control of your next level and you should look solely to Him for elevation. But the question is when it comes will you recognize it? Here are few sure signs of promotion that you should be aware of:
• Invitation to be in a new circle of influence once inaccessible to you
• Invitation to represent God and his purpose in a secular arena
• Greater demonstration of God’s authority in your life (new mantle)
• A higher level of creativity, wisdom, knowledge, grace and the flow of God in your life (new anointing)
• Your old level (activity, associations, etc.) don’t excite or feed you anymore
• What use to brother you doesn’t anymore
• Sustained financial increase
Your Next Step Coaching Minute:
Looking back over your life pinpoint areas where you have experienced promotion. List these promotions. Have you taken time to celebrate these promotions and give God the praise and thanksgiving? If not, do so now.
©2019 Tarsha Campbell, All rights reserved. Use only with permission.